Riding a motorcycle is a great mode of transportation for anyone. Though it is fun, it can be accompanied by its fair share of disadvantages. One of those downfalls is the risk of a motorcycle accident. Motorcycles often do not provide appropriate protection for the rider, thus accidents are often very severe. Broken bones are one of the common injuries that motorcycle riders often experience due to accidents.
Motorcycle broken bones injury claim in Savannah offer the victims effective and maximum compensation by motorcycle accident lawyers.
Broken bone injuries
Broken bone injury is high-intensity damage to your bones caused by trauma, overuse, or illness, leading to fractures or dislocations. Symptoms may include pain, swelling, inability to move, and deformity if not addressed on time.
Motorcycle accidents are usually severe due to the impact caused by improper protection. Such accidents often lead to broken bone injuries. A broken bone injury may include:
- Broken arms
- Broken hands
- Broken wrists
- Broken legs
- Broken foot
- Broken ribs
- Hip fractures
- Facial injuries
- Skull fractures
Types of broken bone injuries
Broken bone injuries are classified according to the cause, and severity. These include:
- Simple/closed fractures: The bone breaks but does not puncture the skin. They can be treated through the immobilization of the affected part.
- Compound/open fracture: Severe fracture that breaks the bone through the skin requiring a surgical intervention.
- Greenstick fracture: The bone bends or cracks but does not break completely. Such fractures typically heal through immobilization.
- Comminuted: The bone shatters into multiple pieces requiring reconstruction surgery.
- Stress fracture: Small hairline cracks in the bone due to repetitive force or overuse or motorcycle accident.
- Spiral fracture: The bone is severely twisted apart and may require surgical intervention.
- Transverse fracture: The bone breaks in a straight line that involves immobilization or surgery.
Compensation for broken bone motorcycle accident injury
When suffering from a broken bone injury due to a motorcycle accident you can claim financial compensation. Your motorcycle attorney can help you recover financial compensation for:
- Motorcycle repair
- Emergency medical care
- Hospital bills
- Lab testing costs
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitative treatment
- Loss of earning powers that leads to loss of wages
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and deformity
- Loss of enjoyment in life
If you are a victim of a motorcycle accident with severe broken bone injuries, seek help from an attorney. They can help you get the compensation you deserve for losses you have suffered, including medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.