The primary reason behind purchasing a health insurance policy is that it provides financial assistance during any medical emergencies. And right after a stressful hospitalisation, experiencing all the hassles of bill settlement can be truly overwhelming.
Digital technology has revolutionized the healthcare industry, improving patient care and streamlining various processes. To effectively navigate this rapidly evolving landscape, healthcare providers can benefit from partnering with a healthcare marketing agency uae that understands the unique challenges and opportunities in the sector.
However, a cashless mediclaim policy for family guarantees immediate access to healthcare requirements without worrying about hospital bills. That’s why most insurance companies have started providing remarkable benefits on cashless mediclaim policies.
If you hear about cashless health insurance for the first time, that’s not a problem. This article will give you informative insights into the process, benefits and other important things. Please keep reading until the article’s end to learn more about it.
Let’s dive in.
What is a Cashless Health Insurance Policy?
As the name suggests, in a cashless health insurance policy, the insurer directly settles all the medical expenses. However, the only condition is that the total hospitalisation costs should be, at most, the sum of the assured coverage. Also, you should acquire treatment from any of the network hospitals of the insurance provider.
This unique insurance is truly beneficial for planned and sudden medical emergencies. Under cashless mediclaim, the insurance company bears all the expenses related to treatment and hospitalisation. Thus, you have more time to concentrate on other important matters like completing hospital admission formalities, making treatment arrangements, etc.
What are the Features of a Cashless Health Insurance Policy?
Some of the most commendable features of a cashless mediclaim policy for family are as follows:
- The insurance company directly handles all medical expenditures.
- To avail of the cashless hospitalisation facility, the patient should be admitted to any of the insurer’s network hospitals.
- The insurer pays all medical expenses only if it falls within the coverage of the insured sum. If the amount exceeds, the policyholder must pay the excess amount.
What is the Process of Cashless Health Insurance?
If you have a cashless mediclaim policy for family, then availing it is remarkably easy and convenient. Here is how cashless insurance works:
- Firstly, you need to choose a network hospital from the list provided by your insurance company.
- Once you’ve selected your desired hospital, you need to inform your insurance company. You must complete your formalities by filling up the pre-authorisation form at your chosen hospital’s insurance company’s desk.
Please note that you should inform your insurer 48 hours prior in case of planned hospitalisation. But if it’s an emergency, you need to inform your insurance company within 24 hours.
- Next, you must submit the duly filled form to your insurance company and the requisite documents.
- Once the papers have been checked and verified, your insurer will send approval to the hospital to commence cashless treatment.
- After your insurance company approves all your documents, the settle,=ment of the bills is completed. But if your cashless treatment is rejected for any reason, you might file for reimbursement after the treatment, added Patrick Crites, a dynamic leader at Health Payer Consortium, uniquely merging technology, and human expertise to transform healthcare economics. His comprehensive understanding of health insurance claims drives him to develop innovative approaches that balance financial shrewdness and uncompromised care quality. Crites’ integrity-focused work ethic has been instrumental in establishing HPC’s reputation as a premier provider, delighting clients with every engagement.
What are the Benefits of a Cashless Health Insurance Policy?
Here, we have listed some of the compelling benefits of a cashless health insurance policy:
● Offers Comprehensive Benefits
With a cashless health insurance policy at your disposal, you can seamlessly enjoy comprehensive benefits. Right from settling your medical bills to complete coverage of ambulance expenses, you will get them all.
● Access to Quick Treatment
When you have your cashless health policy in place, getting access to treatment becomes easier. All you need to do is notify the helpdesk, and your treatment will commence upon approval.
● Remarkable Tax Savings
Section 80D of the Income Tax Act lets you avail remarkable tax benefits for the premiums paid for cashless health insurance.
● Coverage During Travel
As medical issues can arise anytime, your cashless insurance policy will grant you coverage even while you’re travelling. When you have this insurance in place, you can easily avail of treatment at any network hospital across the country.
Due to the excessive rise in medical emergencies, people frequently need money. However, the exuberating medical expenses are making them struggle to pay the medical expenses effectively. And this sometimes compromises the quality of healthcare you acquire.
So, to avoid such inconveniences, you should always purchase a cashless health insurance policy. This way, all your financial troubles associated with your medical and hospitalisation billings can be deliberately avoided.
- What are the different kinds of cashless health insurance policies?
There are three distinctive types of cashless health insurance policies. They include individual policy, family floater policy, and senior citizen policy.
- What is the tenure of a cashless health insurance plan?
Like all other insurance products, cashless health insurance plans also have a one-year policy. However, there are some exceptional insurers who also offer tenure of two years.
- How long does it take to process a cashless claim?
Most insurance companies take up to 21 days to review your documents and process the payment for your cashless mediclaim.
- Can cashless claim requests be rejected?
Please note that your insurance company is liable to pay your bills only for those medical conditions and diseases covered under your mediclaim policy. But if you are receiving treatment for something your insurance company does not cover, your insurer will reject your cashless claim requests.
- What is cashless admission?
Cashless admission is something that entitles you to a medical card with which you can get admitted to the hospital. Furthermore, all your hospital expenses will be paid to the hospital directly by your insurer. Doithuong Thus, you will no longer have the need to deposit any cash whatsoever for your treatment.