CompTIA Security+ is a global certification for IT professionals. It validates the baseline skills needed to perform core security functions in the IT sector and pursue an IT career.
CompTIA Security+ equips students with the fundamental aspects in any cybersecurity role. The certification can be a springboard for seeking intermediate level work positions in the cybersecurity sector.
What skills do you learn from a CompTIA Security+ certificate program?
Successful candidates hone a couple of skills that will help them perform advanced tasks in an IT environment. Some of them are
- Detection of any type of IT compromise and understanding concepts such as penetration testing, vulnerability scanning etc.
- Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organisational security
- Students learn how to install, configure, concentrate network components- assessing and troubleshooting issues to ensure organisational security
- Implementation of secure network concepts and systems design architecture
- Installation and configuration of identity and access management control services
- Implement and summarise the best risk management practices for organisations
- Install and configure settings via wireless security and implementation of the public key infrastructure
Who should take the CompTIA Security+ exam?
The CompTIA Security+ exam/credential focuses on the best practices of risk management and mitigation. This certification includes more emphasis on the hands-on ability or practicality of identifying and securing security threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks. The entire examination lasts for about 90 minutes.
What does the CompTIA Security+ exam consist of?
The exam follows the following areas:
- Threats, vulnerabilities, attacks: They analyse indicators of malware or compromise and determine and compare them.
- Identification and access management: They are taught implementation of identity and access management controls
- Tools: Technologically they must know how to troubleshoot common security problems and deploy security of mobile devices
- They learn about risk management: the importance of having cyber safety policies, plans and protocols related to the security of an organisation
- Knowledge about the architecture and design of cybersafe: Professionals learn to summarise secure application development. They also learn its deployment of application development, cloud, etc.
- Learn basics of cryptography: compare and contrast fundamental concepts of public key infrastructure and cryptography
How many questions come on the CompTIA exam?
There are no more than 90 questions. After the completion of the exam, students are often asked to fill out exit surveys about their academic practises, but it is optional. This exit survey usually maps your way of working and why you want to be certified. This section usually consists of 12 questions based on multiple choices.