The water we consume daily has several contaminants and deposits in it that are unseen but affects our overall health to a greater extent. The water ionizer plays a major role in improving and balancing the pH level of the drinking water. At the same time, the alkaline water ionizer has several health benefits. Above all, ionized water is alkaline water that has the right pH value of drinking water. Installing the water ionizer has become a common trend in houses. Therefore, in this article, we will explore what is water ionizer and know more about its benefits.
What is Water Ionizer?
A water ionizer is a home appliance that raises the pH level of the drinking water. It is also known as an alkaline ionizer. Hence, with the help of the electrolysis process, the water ionizer separates the incoming stream of water into alkaline and acidic components. The alkaline form of the treated water is known as alkaline water. The ionized water helps in maintaining bone strength, gastrointestinal health, slowing down the aging process, and reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer.
The pH level of the normal water ranges from 6.5-8.5. Also, the pH level of the water is affected due to the presence of carbon dioxide, which when reduces or increases, affects the pH level of water. The raised level of dissolved carbon dioxide in water reduces the pH level of the water and turns acidic. Next, the reduced level of dissolved carbon dioxide in water increases the pH level of water and turns alkaline.
What is Ionized Water used for?
- Ionized water is highly suitable for consumption. It helps in maintaining the healthy flow of blood
- It also protects your skin against damages resulting from environmental issues. Moreover, taking a bath with alkaline water can help in overcoming the damages caused due to ultraviolet radiation. At the same time, it also balances the chemicals responsible for the regulation of inflammation
- Alkaline ionized water improves the skin texture and makes it appear smooth
- Ionized water also protects your hair. It prevents hair fall and avoids itching in the scalp and prevents dandruff. Also, it avoids the stickiness of the hairs and makes them appear soft
- Ionized water also reduces the chances of the formation of stones in the bladder
- Ionized water is used for quality cooking. It can be used for washing fruits and vegetables for killing bacteria. It also makes cooking fish easy and makes the shells of the egg peel off easily
- Furthermore, ionized water is also suitable for pets for bathing them. It avoids the skin itching and skin diseases that pets can encounter. Additionally, it strengthens the health of the pet’s hair and fur.
What are the health benefits of drinking ionized water or alkaline water?
- Ionized water helps in strengthening the immune system that reduces the risk of disease and infections
- The presence of a high level of antioxidants in alkaline water hinders the growth of free radicals in the human body that lead to cell damage
- Drinking alkaline water also equalizes the acidity in the body. It lowers the excess content of the acid in the stomach & gastrointestinal tract. It treats gastrointestinal issues like diarrhea and gastric hyperacidity
- Next, the consumption of alkaline water offers better hydration. Hence, alkaline water is best suitable for those especially indulged in daily workouts and who need more water consumption
- The alkaline water comprises minerals like calcium and magnesium. Hence, these minerals support the prevention of osteoporosis and maintain the health of the bones
- Alkaline water also helps in keeping the high blood sugar levels and high blood pressure in control.
How Does A Water Ionizer Work?
A water ionizer is an electronic device that is connected to the water supply in the kitchen. It ionizes the water with the help of the process of electrolysis. The low voltage electrolysis is performed on the tap water before it is consumed or used for cooking. The tap water is directed out of the water faucet by using a plastic hose in the water ionizer system. First, the water ionizer filters the water to eliminate the pollutants from the water.
Next, the filtered waters are passed into the chamber designed of titanium electrodes with platinum coating. Therefore, here the electrolysis process starts. Next, the cations are the positive ions that assemble at the negative electrodes. Now, Anions are the negative ions that assemble at the positive electrode to form oxidized water. Therefore, the reduced ionized water will come out of the faucet and oxidized water will pass through another hose. Hence, the reduced water can be used for drinking or cooking purposes. This treated water is beneficial for cleaning utensils, cooking food, washing hands, treating wounds quickly, etc.