Customer data platform, or CDP, is a tool that can help to keep your data centralized into one setting. This platform is also made to be accessible from many different teams. So, whether your business has an office-only work policy or fully remote, vital data can be accessed at a click of the button.
In market research, CDPs do all the heavy lifting for you. They gather customer’s actions and summarize it in a concise manner. These reports in turn help you to create relationships with your customers that are longer lasting.
E-commerce and CDP
Let’s talk about one industry that’s using CDP to boost their sales, enhance customer loyalty, and improve overall performance: ecommerce.
Ecommerce CDP helps to manage the seemingly endless stream of data by collecting and keeping it in one place. It helps empower businesses by providing key insights that can bring your marketing and sales to new heights.
Now let’s look at some of the benefits of implementing CDP into your ecommerce business:
- First and foremost, CDPs save time and bring together invaluable information by bringing a customer’s data into one place. CDPs collect anything from a customer’s touchpoints, related searches and purchases from competitors.
- A CDP then creates a profile for individual customers and segments customers into groups as well. This profile is carried across all the relevant platforms.
- Because a user can access their personal information and authorize sites and platforms to gather information, trust and a sense of security is built from using a CDP.
How CDP helps the whole team
Here are some other ways that CDP can elevate your ecommerce business:
- CDPs can change the way the customer care managers and GDPR managers work.
- Managers in e-commerce can track activity across multiple platforms.
- Marketer’s jobs will instantly improve with the consumer details provided.