From learning in schools, colleges, making everyday work more systematic to planning everything properly, note-making is widely used by people. It is a skill that all students must practice to make work efficiently to achieve their educational goals and objectives. Making notes while listening to the teachers, during self-studies, or from a written presentation is important. Self-created notes not only improve the understanding of the students but becomes a very effective and beneficial resource that students can use for proper exam preparations and in the future as well. Let us discuss some helpful tips which both traditional learning and online learning students can use to create proper notes of the lessons being taught to them.
Why is making notes important?
- Making notes helps students to relate and understand the topics better. Sometimes by vocally practicing or simply listening to the teachers, we are not able to understand that effectively. But when we write something down, we can connect with the words and understanding becomes easier and better.
- Alertness, attention, and active listening are improved for the students who practice note-making. When a student knows what he or she has to jot down the information, actively listening in the classroom is improved. The level of getting distracted is also reduced. In this way, interaction and active participation in the classes are also increased.
- Note-making boosts the memorization skills of the students. Therefore whether learning via online teaching or traditional classrooms, students should make lesson-wise notes. With the help of writing, understanding is boosted. With better understanding, retention of information is also enhanced.
Few points to remember while making notes.
- Be specific, no need to write down each and everything.
- Write clearly and precisely so that it is easy to understand.
- Try to cover all the important topics in your notes.
- Underline or highlight the important terms and facts.
- Avoid making notes too lengthy. Make them as specific and important as possible.
- You can add symbols, pointers, or abbreviations to make your notes more systematic.
How to make effective notes: tips for students.
- Become an active listener and reader
To ensure note-making, active listening, and reading both are important. Active listening in the classroom, helps students to focus on what teachers are explaining and simultaneously jot down the important pointers as well. Especially for those who are learning via online teaching, active listening is very important because face-to-face interactions are not possible.
Carefully listen to the words which teachers are emphasizing again and again. Observe what is said to be very important from a paper point of view and make notes of the same. When doing self-learning, actively reading to make proper and effective notes is very helpful. Carefully read a topic and jot down the important pointers before moving to the next reading.
- Don’t write everything, be specific
Not everything can become a part of your self-written notes. Writing and jotting the important information is key to making the best notes. The main reason behind note-making is to prepare a summarized, precise, clear, and systemic abyss material that can be used for effective learning purposes in the future.
To achieve this goal, students should focus on noting down the necessary content only. For example, when in a classroom, observe and listen to what part of a topic is more emphasized by the teacher and write it down. While self-learning, see on what topics questions are asked respectively and later make notes accordingly. Don’t simply copy every word from the textbooks.
- Revise, review and edit
While making notes during the classes or when we write in our language, there are chances that we have made some mistakes. Since notes are used as an important learning resource, revising, reviewing, and matching them from the textbooks are important to do. Students should surely tally the notes they have made from the textbooks or other study material. After tallying, necessary changes should be made. This can help to make correct and proper learning notes
- Ask if you have doubts
Don’t simply write or jot down anything or everything. If you are finding any particular term or definition difficult to understand, surely ask your teachers instead of simply noting them down. With the help of clarifications, you can relate to the content better and because of this, the quality of notes created is also improved.
Note making is very important and hence all students should develop and inculcate this habit in their learning patterns. Making notes helps students to understand information better. With a good understanding, memorizing, and retaining the information also increases that too can be remembered for long. By following the above-mentioned tips, students can make effective notes during the classes as well as while self-studying. They will be able to create systematic, clear, and precise notes this way.
4howtodo.com Infused remedies for everything