XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is an entrance test for admission in MBA/PGDM programs in over 160 reputed B-schools in India, such as the XLRI member institutes, T.A. Pai Management Institute Manipal, and Birla Institute of Management Technology in Noida, and more. XLRI Jamshedpur will conduct XAT 2022 in more than 70 cities in India.
Every year, around one lakh candidates give the exam, and the cut-offs for XLRI generally end up at the 96-97 percentile.
XAT 2022 registration date
XAT 2022 registrations started on August 10, 2021. When writing this article, the last date to apply for XAT 2022 is November 30, 2021.
Applicants will obtain their admit cards on December 20, 2021 (Interested applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria before submitting the application form).
Finally, the exam shall be held on January 2, 2022. It will be held on a single day, in only one slot, with the timings being 9:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
The conducting body has announced that the official answer key will be released in the second week of January 2022, while the results will be out by the end of the month.
XAT 2022 exam registration fee
The application fee for the XAT 2022 exam is Rs. 1800. It is the total fee for both XAT 2022 registration and the XAT exam 2022 fee.
The fee will be deposited through online methods such as net banking, UPI, credit cards, debit cards, and other online transaction tools.
After fee payment, you can download the final copy of the application form and fee slip for future references.
XAT 2022 will be a computer-based test (online mode) as opposed to previous years’ paper-and-pen-based test. The total time duration of the exam is 3 hours; however, visually impaired candidates with scribes will be given a surplus of 25 minutes to solve Part 1 of the paper.
In total, there’ll be 100 MCQ-type questions with 5 options, out of which only one will be correct. NAT questions with no negative marking have been introduced, and the GK section will not be considered for percentile calculation. There won’t be any Essay-Writing test.
Candidates shall be awarded 1 mark for every correct answer, and ¼ marks shall be deducted for an incorrect answer. However, there won’t be any negative marking in the second part of the General Knowledge Section.
The paper is divided into four sections: decision-making, quantitative aptitude, verbal ability & reading comprehension, and general awareness. Except for general awareness, all the other three are considered core sections while calculating percentiles and XLRI shortlisting criteria. The score of the General Awareness section becomes relevant during the personal interview round.
Being aware of the updated syllabus and exam structure is very crucial. It enables you only to prepare the material in the exam, which helps save time for extensive study and extra revisions.
How to prepare
Like explained earlier, you should start preparing for the exam after you’re crystal clear about the revised pattern of the entrance exam and its syllabus. Keep in mind the following:
- Follow the exam pattern: Prepare according to the structure: 100 multiple-choice questions.
- If you need coaching, opt for it. Otherwise, you can go for the self-studying route to prepare for XAT.
- Search the net to research the best books for preparation, and get them if available.
- Attempt as many mock tests and previous year’s test papers as it takes you to be confident.
- Be consistent but don’t over-study. Take breaks in between your preparation and be mentally and physically fit. Staying healthy is as important as studying for the exam.
XAT member colleges
- Here’s a shortlist of the top colleges that use XAT scores for admission:
- Xavier Business School, St. Xavier’s University, Kolkata.
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar.
- Xavier Institute of Management and Research.
- XLRI, Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur.
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai.
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad.
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa.
- Amity Business School Noida.
- P. Jindal Global University.
Check out the list of MBA Colleges accepting XAT in India at https://www.shiksha.com/mba/colleges/mba-colleges-accepting-xat-india