SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission, and CHSL means Combined Higher Secondary Level. The SSC CHSL exam is held every year for different departments, organisations and ministries of India. While preparing for the exam, a lot of candidates think about which is the best post in SSC CHSL or what will be the roles and responsibilities?
The available posts for the SSC CHSL prospects are Lower Division Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operator. But, don’t worry; you can clear them easily; all you need is to log in with BYJU’S Exam Prep, as here you will be able to find the complete syllabus and other information regarding the SSC CHSL exam.
SSC CHSL Post details and work performed by them
Here are the details about the SSC CHSL posts and the work done by them. BYJU’S Exam Prep is one of the sources that you can trust to prepare for SSC CHSL exam. You can visit website to know more about it.
1) Lower Division Clerk (LDC)- This is the first level of clerk for any government job; if you get selected as an LDC, your role will be to manage daily office tasks and responsibilities such as maintaining files, data and documents.
- Complete the clerical work
- Registration of Dak
- The major role is to update data onto the computer
- Organising section diary
- Documenting official emails and letters
- Indexing and maintaining the file registers
- Typing and preparing arrears
- SSC CHSL LDC and JSA’s have to create monthly salary slips
- The first one is Assistant/ Upper
- You can also get promoted as a Division Clerk Division Clerk
- Section Officer is another post that you can get promoted to after LDC.
Salary Structure- It ranges from Rs.22000 to Rs.26000.
2) SSC CHSL Post- DEO (Data Entry Operator)
This job profile is the most preferred by the candidates. Here the primary role is to record data into the computer; the government of India has their own data entry department that manages and maintains the record of salary, registering the names, creating identity cards, etc., of the members.
- Handling of the Office Computers
- DEOs have to take care of the data entry work
- Create multiple notes and reports everyday
- Another responsibility is to enter, research, verify and store the information in different systems.
- Maintaining the database
- They also need to take a physical backup of the documents by scanning and printing them.
- Data Entry Operator Grade B
- Data Entry Operator Grade C
- Data Entry Operator Grade F (System Analyst)
Salary Structure- It ranges from Rs.29000 to Rs.35000.
3) SSC CHSL Post Details – Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
Post assistants are allocated to the postal office of India. They are segregated into two categories-
a) Postal Assistant- As a postal assistant, you can get posting in both rural and urban areas. The primary role is to gather the mail-bags from the central motor and deliver them to the clients.
b) Sorting Assistant- As a sorting assistant, you will be working in shifts. For example, from 6 am to 2 pm, 2 pm to 10 pm, and 6 pm to 6 am. If you work in night shift, then you will have to work every alternate night.
- PA/SA have the similar work of sorting emails and papers
● Office management
● Disposal of Mails
● Correcting the errors in the addresses
● Communicating with the customers and organising the posts
- Returning the mail if the address is wrong.
- Lower Division Grade, Supervisor
- Higher Selection Grade (HSG) II, they are called Senior Supervisor
- Higher Selection Grade (HSG) II, the post is named as Chief Supervisor
This was about the various posts in SSC CHSL; you can choose the best position by checking the area of work, location of the job where you want to work, and analysing your skills. You can do the preparation seamlessly by registering with BYJU’s Exam Prep, as they provide high-end study material and experienced faculties that can help you have an extra edge over the other applicants.
Stay Connected with our education blog & write for us education