Skin doctors are also referred to as Dermatologists. They are medical doctors of Skin Specialist in Gurgaon to diagnose and treat different types of diseases arising in the skin, mucus membrane, nails, and hair. A few of them are also qualified as surgeons. Before planning to visit a dermatologist, you need to know more about them and how they can help you.
Role of the skin
The skin is undoubtedly the heaviest and largest organ in the body. It also serves numerous functions. It safeguards you from dangerous substances, germs, cold, and heat. It also helps indicate the present condition of your health. If there is noticed any change in its feel or color, then it can be some medical problem.
About the Best Skin Specialist In Gurgaon
A dermatologist is rather a doctor having adequate expertise to take care of your skin, nails, and hair conditions. They also manage cosmetic disorders which also include scars and hair loss. They are trained to recognize common symptoms appearing on the skin indicating problems occurring within the body. It can be organ failure or disease.
Specialized diagnostic procedures
The certified dermatologists conduct several diagnostic procedures that are associated with skin conditions. The treatments offered include the following
- UV (Ultraviolet) light therapy.
- Injected or externally applied for medicines.
- Cosmetic procedures like laser, sclerotherapy treatments, and chemical peels.
- Dermatologic surgical procedures like skin biopsies and mole removal.
What common conditions are treated?
Experienced dermatologists provide treatment for several common conditions. It includes eczema, acne, nail fungus, hair loss, rosacea, skin cancer, and psoriasis. The specialist will first check the affected part of your skin and diagnose the issue that you are suffering from. If required, further lab testing will be suggested to identify the exact issue. Accordingly, treatment will be provided.
Some common procedures that dermatologists perform
- Cryosurgery: It involves using surgical techniques of extreme cold for freezing as well as destroying tissue.
- Electrosurgery: It includes using surgical techniques of high-frequency electric current with the objective to destroy or cut tissue.
- Excision surgery: In this type, a scalpel (sharp knife) is used to remove by cutting (excise) tissue accompanied with appropriate closures.
- Laser surgery: Special light beams are used in this surgical technique.
- Mole removal: It involves removing a mole completely or partially from the body. The removed mole is then studied for skin diseases or cancer.
- Mohs surgery: This surgical technique involves the removal of cancer cells in layers of the skin.
- Vein treatment: Once damaged veins are evaluated, the specialist uses laser or sclerotherapy to cure them.
Dermatology subspecialty fields
Search a skin doctor near me, you need to first know the subspecialty fields that you wish to get treatment for. A few of them include Mohs Surgery, Dermatopathology, and cosmetic and pediatric dermatology.
When to seek an appointment with a qualified dermatologist?
A few common symptoms may require you to visit a dermatologist. It includes skin cancer, persistent or severe acne, mole, or a patch of skin changing its shape, color, or size. Other issues include hives, rash, eczema, scars, Rosacea, psoriasis, long-lasting skin irritation, hyperpigmentation, hair loss, warts, infections, spider veins, varicose, and nail disorders. What is special about dermatologists is that they can even take care of aging signs and make you feel young again.
How to prepare for your first appointment?
You should do the following to ensure deriving the maximum from the first appointment with your dermatologist.
- Note down changes taking place in overall health.
- Prepare a list of vital issues planned to be discussed with the specialist.
- Maintain symptom diary. Record events along with occurrence day and time. Also mention how long it lasted, triggers, severity, symptoms as well as actions taken to stop this event. If possible take photos of the same.
- Know more about family medical history as the dermatologist will use a piece of information to come up with an accurate diagnosis.
- Do not wear nail polish or makeup when going to the specialist. Otherwise, it will be tough to examine properly your nails or skin.
- Wear only loose clothing allowing the specialist to conduct a thorough examination of the affected parts of the body.
- Take along test result copies including lab work and images that other healthcare providers may have ordered.
- Use a washable pen for circling spots on the body. Physical reminders can help you to remember what topic and issues you need to discuss with the dermatologist.
- Prepare a list of all known allergies that you might suffer from.
- Prepare a list of all products that you might use or take presently. Also include OTC (over-the-counter) medications prescription medications, supplements, vitamins, herbal products, sunscreens, makeup, and soaps.
- Do remember to inform the specialist of side effects experienced due to intake of any previous medications.
- Bring along a relative or friend who will take notes on your behalf and assist you. He/she will also ask questions, review discussions, and remind on follow-up appointments and scheduling tests.
Treating skin condition
Dermatologists can be termed to be medical doctors specializing in nails, hair, and skin. They will examine the affected part, order lab tests, diagnoses, and provide proper treatment for different conditions procedure or medication.