Is your child struggling to understand concepts? Is he taking longer than usual to complete his work? Well, these are signs that the child needs a tutor. Hiring private teachers for assistance is not a new thing. Nearly every child at some age in his or her life takes the help of a teacher whether in the form of group coaching, private tuition, or an online tutor. So, your child is alone if he needs a tutor.
Thanks to technology, finding a good tutor is much easier nowadays. You need to search on the internet and you will find hundreds of options to choose from. Your child can take private tuition from the comfort of home, or you can help him join online tuition classes. You can easily find a top-rated learning center in Vaughan that offers both types of service but how to decide which learning method is more efficient? This content explains the pros and cons of both tutoring forms. It may help you in making the best decision for your child.
Difference between online tutoring vs. private tutoring
Online tutoring, as the name suggests, uses the internet to create a connection between students and the teacher, whereas in private classes, both the parties sit face to face in the same room and discuss the lesson. The medium of teaching may vary from electronic devices to traditional books.
Pros of Online Tutoring
- Your child need not waste his precious hours traveling and reaching his tutor. Online classes save your travel time.
- The child can learn during any time of the day; there’s no time boundation.
- Your child can learn from any part of the world. Even if they are on a holiday, they can still access the internet and clear their doubts whenever and wherever they want to.
Cons of Online Tutoring
- Online learning requires smooth running gadgets and good connectivity. Your child needs to frequently update the apps and browser. Also, technical glitches need to be taken care of in advance.
- Without a teacher to supervise, the students can easily get distracted from their studies.
Pros of Private Tutoring
- It helps build a direct and personal relationship with the students, which keeps your child motivated and results in improved grades.
- It is highly interactive and keeps your child attentive.
- You can find immediate solutions for your doubts and mistakes, as the tutor is right in front of you.
Cons of Private Tutoring
- Your child has to travel and meet the person face to face. They cannot get connected with the tutor from the comfort of their place of choice.
- The travel and overhead expenses can be costlier than online classes.
So, if your child is fond of technology, online tuition is a good choice for you but if your child needs face-to-face discussions and undistracted attention, private tutoring is the right fit for them. So, think and choose wisely as the right form of tutoring will help your child succeed in life.